Responsive image

Employee Benefits

Annual Leave

Annual leave is accrued on a pay-period-by-pay-period basis and may be used for vacations, rest and relaxation, and personal business.

Full-time employees with:
Less than three years of service earn four hours.
Three to 15 years of service earn six hours.
15 or more years of service earn eight hours.
The annual leave ceiling is 240 hours. Annual leave in excess of 240 hours will be forfeited if not used by the end of the 'leave year.'

Sick Leave

Sick leave is accrued on a pay-period-by-pay-period basis and may be used for personal medical needs, family care or bereavement, care of a family member with a serious health condition, or adoption-related purposes. Accrual rate is four hours per pay period regardless of your length of service. Accrual rate does not increase and there is no limitation on the amount of sick leave that can be accumulated.

Federal Holidays

Federal employees receive 11 paid holidays a year:

  • New Year's Day
  • Martin Luther King's Birthday
  • Washington's Birthday
  • Memorial Day
  • Juneteenth National Independence Day
  • Independence Day
  • Labor Day
  • Columbus Day
  • Veterans Day
  • Thanksgiving Day
  • Christmas Day

Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB)

Federal employees enjoy the widest selection of health plans in the country. You can choose from among the Fee-for-Service (FFS), Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), consumer-driven or high- deductible plans. FEHB provides comprehensive health insurance for you, your spouse and your children up to age 26. On average, the government pays 70 percent toward your premium; in addition, the SEC pays a subsidy of about 7 percent more – for a total of 77 percent toward the total cost of your health insurance premium. See agency-specific benefits under FEHB Subsidy. Premiums are withheld from your salary on a pre-tax basis.

Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI)

FEGLI provides group term life insurance. A new federal employee eligible for FEGLI is automatically enrolled in Basic Life Insurance Coverage and has the option to elect additional coverage.

Federal Employees Dental & Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP)

FEDVIP provides dental and vision insurance to federal employees and their eligible family members on an enrollee- pay-all basis. Employees may enroll in a dental and/or vision plans. Premiums are withheld from salary on a pre-tax basis. FEDVIP is in addition to any dental or vision coverage you may have under the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program or under a non-FEHB plan, including the SEC’s Supplemental Health Benefits Program that includes dental and vision insurance at no cost to employees. See agency-specific benefits under SEC Select.


Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)

An FSA allows you to save money for health care expenses with a Health Care or Limited Expense Health Care FSA. FSAs also provide savings for families with young children or elder care expenses with a Dependent Care FSA. You set aside money from your salary before taxes are withheld, incur eligible expenses and receive reimbursement.

Long-Term Care Insurance Plan (LTCIP)

LTCIP provides long-term care insurance to help pay for costs of care when you need assistance to perform daily activities or if you have a severe cognitive impairment. Federal employees and their qualified relatives (spouse, parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, children over the age of 19) are eligible to apply.


The Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS) is a three- tiered retirement plan that consists of a Basic Benefit plan, Social Security and Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). Deductions are automatically withheld from salary for the Basic Benefit and Social Security. Social Security and the TSP are portable if you leave the federal government.

Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)

TSP is a retirement savings and investment plan for federal employees. The TSP is a defined contribution plan and is one part of the three-part FERS retirement plan that also includes a Basic Benefit and Social Security. You have the option to contribute to the Traditional plan or Roth plan. You can contribute up to the IRS Elective Deferral amount each year. New hires are automatically enrolled to contribute 3 percent into the traditional pretax TSP option. The agency will match the first 3 percent of biweekly basic pay you contribute each pay period dollar for dollar. Each dollar of the next 2 percent of biweekly basic pay will be matched 50 cents on the dollar.

Student Loan Repayment

NAVSUP may provide student loan repayment benefits of up to $10,000 per year per employee, with a cumulative maximum of $60,000 per employee.

Additional Information:

Click Here For Additional Information


Our Headquarters


Connect with NAVSUP Headquarters

  • Facebook Image Link Youtube Image Link Twitter Image Link Linked-in Image Link NEDS Image Link
Guidance-Card-Icon Dept-Exclusive-Card-Icon