NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center San Diego (NAVSUP FLC San Diego) provides logistics, business and support services to fleet, shore and industrial commands of the Navy, Coast Guard and Military Sealift Command and other joint and allied forces. NAVSUP FLC San Diego delivers combat capability through logistics by teaming with regional partners and customers to provide supply chain management, procurement, contracting and transportation services, technical and customer support, defense fuel products and worldwide movement of personal property.
In the early 1900s, Pacific Fleet ships routinely anchored in the harbor at the foot of Broadway making it a natural site for a supply depot. In 1922, the Naval Supply Depot, San Diego was formally established. A small pier was constructed and the first materials were moved into the Depot's warehouse in February 1923.
In 1941, the current Navy Pier was built and a south wing added to the original six-story supply depot. A seven-story warehouse was constructed alongside in 1943. That same year, the Depot was assigned management of the La Playa Coaling Station at Point Loma. Built in 1904, La Playa Coaling Station was the first permanent Navy logistics shore establishment in San Diego. By the late 1940s, eight more warehouses were constructed at the Broadway Naval Station Annex to support expanding material storage needs.
This is an Official U.S. Navy website
Navy.mil, Navy.com, Naval Information Warfare Training Group (NIWTG) Norfolk, NETWARCOM, No Fear Act Data, FOIA