NEXCOM is headquarters for the worldwide NEXCOM Enterprise. Its mission is to provide authorized customers with quality goods and services at a savings and to support Navy quality of life programs for active duty military, retirees, reservists, veterans, DoD civilians and families.

NEXCOM oversees seven primary business lines:

  1. Navy Exchange (NEX) Retail Stores and Services (https:/
  2. Ships Store Program
  3. Uniform Program Management Office
  4. Navy Clothing and Textile Research Facility (NCTRF)
  5. Navy Lodge Program (
  6. Navy Gateway Inns & Suites (
  7. Telecommunications Program Office

With the exception of the Ships Store Program, the NEXCOM Enterprise conducts its operations as a federal non-appropriated funded instrumentality. As such, the command is self-supporting with 70 percent of its profits being given to Navy Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) programs and the remaining 30 percent being reinvested in NEX buildings and equipment. All programs focus on the quality of life of military service members, retirees, reservists and their families.

NEXCOM is a Department of the Navy organization with an established Navy chain of command that oversees and provides direction throughout the NEXCOM Enterprise. Its corporate headquarters is comprised of a civilian Chief Executive Officer, Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer and Chief of Staff as well as an active duty Deputy Commander Military Services, Deputy Commander Uniform Programs and Command Master Chief. The bulk of NEXCOM’s workforce is comprised of government non-appropriated civilians, many of whom are also military affiliated as either family members or veterans. This combination of military leadership and civilian business expertise enables NEXCOM to perform its unique mission for the Navy.

NEXCOM is a field activity of the Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) which provides U.S. Naval Forces with quality supplies and services. A principal source of readiness for U.S. Naval Forces, NAVSUP's diverse team delivers information, material, services and quality of life products Naval Forces need.

Unlike civilian retailers, NEXCOM is subject to Congressional oversight from the House Armed Services Total Force Subcommittee. There are several laws in effect that govern how military exchanges may operate in certain businesses or with certain types of merchandise. The DoD instruction 1330.21 "Armed Services Exchange Regulations" (ASER) outlines procedures and guidelines for operating Armed Services Exchanges.

Our Headquarters


Connect with NAVSUP Headquarters

  • Facebook Image Link Youtube Image Link Twitter Image Link Linked-in Image Link NEDS Image Link
Guidance-Card-Icon Dept-Exclusive-Card-Icon